There have been a number of great Tampa food news and happenings lately. Here’s a recap of some of the notable things you might have missed recently:
1) OpenTable names Tampa in the Top 25 Most Romantic Cities in the United States: Tampa landed at #15 in the OpenTable’s list of the top 25 romantic cities in the USA, which is pretty impressive if you ask me. From the flamenco shows at our diverse Spanish restaurants to waterfront and beach establishments, Tampa has a little bit of everything.
2) Oxford Exchange written about by Swiss Journalist: It’s not too often that Tampa finds its way into international press (unless you count the RNC and hurricanes…), but the Oxford Exchange’s unique concept and approach to the food world has landed it into a Swiss journalist’s website. I, myself, have yet to cover Oxford Exchange on my own website which is a bloody shame, but just from the constant buzz I hear about it – I feel like I have already been there. Make sure you click the translate button when the link loads.
3) Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel named one of the best hotels in the USA: Good news for Tampa’s hospitality industry. I personally love the International Plaza and it’s interesting mix of shops and restaurants. If you haven’t tried the Pelagia Trattoria, you have to give it a shot. This past weekend I actually dined at Gallery Bistro and had an amazing Apple Marmalade Burger there as well.
4) Dishcrawl Tampa hosts first food tour: Dishcrawl Tampa led foodies on their first food tour in Palma Ceia. Stops included Catrinas Cocina y Galeria, Cru Cellars, Hott Mess, and Datz. Great restaurants. I’m really looking forward to the next tour in Hyde Park.
5) Yelp Tampa Bay hosts Elite Event at The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota: Yelp hosted it’s first event in Sarasota a few weeks ago at The Ritz-Carlton’s new restaurant, Jack Dusty. Tampa Bay Yelpers were treated to cocktails, appetizers, mermaids, and a DJ. Prizes included bed and breakfast, spa treatments, golf packages, and overnight stays. Yelp Tampa Bay continues it’s momentum of awesome food events throughout the bay.
That’s just a taste of all the great things and news happening in Tampa Bay. Aren’t you proud to call yourself a Tampa resident? :]